Lync Room System is a meeting room solution consisting of integrated hardware and software delivered by our partners and optimized to join Lync meetings. With Lync Room System you can join an online meeting with one touch and be ready to collaborate with remote attendees in seconds. It has all the equipment you need for great meetings:
- High definition touch displays (1080p) for showing video and enabling collaboration. Lync Room Systems are available with 1 or 2 front of room touch displays depending on your room size
- High definition video camera for capturing the room in full 1080p resolution
- Wideband audio for clear sound from the room and to the room
- Table-top touch meeting console to enable the meeting controller to manage the meeting without distracting the other attendees
It’s all brought together by the Lync Room System Edition software, which is a full Lync client optimized to bring the immersive meeting experience to a meeting room setting. It makes joining meetings as easy as on your PC and breaks down the barrier between in-room and remote attendees. Being able to see content and high definition video side by side makes remote collaboration more effective.
4 vendors have announced to develop and introduce LRS : Smart, Crestron, Lifesize, and Polycom
- Crestron and Lifesize plan to have their first LRS available in Q2 of this CY2013.
- Smart targets for Q3, while Polycom target 2H of CY2013 for first availability.
Have a sneak preview at the following weblinks, including animations from Smart and Crestron :
Lync Room System from SMART